North Pointe Playschool (Ages 3-5)
- Kindergarten readiness
- Brand new facility
- Spacious, creative teaching space
- Not-for-profit (No Casinos, bingos)
North Pointe Playschool 2017/18
Registration is now closed. The program for September 2017 is full.
Our philosophy is that children are a gift from God. We will partner with parents, who are a child’s first teacher, to provide care for the developmental needs of preschool children. We will do this by providing children with rich and diverse experiences through activity centers and planned themes.
At all times the playschool will have Activity centers, for the children to play and discover, such as:
- Housekeeping / dramatic play
- Manipulative centers (including blocks and floor play)
- Arts and Crafts
- Science and Nature
- Sand and/or water
- Discovery and Curiosity center
- Gross motor play can take place in the facility’s gymnasium with all proper equipment and supervision or outside at the enclosed play area.
Our Activity centers are meant to give each child the opportunity to develop different skills. For instance, an art center will encourage creativity, a “circle time” gathering in the library will focus on social interaction, a “safe place” (as well as caring staff) will encourage children to feel emotionally free and secure, and the many fine and gross motor activities will encourage the children’s physical development. The intellectual development of children will be a great focus of ours and will be enhanced through planned themes throughout the year.